- Free Consultation: (212) 991-8960 Tap Here to Call Us
Wage Theft: It’s Something to Yelp About
The U.S. Department of Labor has filed complaints against seven Long Island restaurants for failure to pay back wages and overtime to hundreds of workers. The Defendants in those cases have agreed to pay more than $1.7 million in back wages, damages and penalties.
Hats off to Dan O’Regan of Long Island Business News and Tom Incantalupo of Newsday.com for their coverage of this issue.
Here are the names of the restaurants and their respective Yelp.com pages.
- Kashi Sushi and Steak House, Rockville Centre, NY – Yelp
- Crystal Garden Chinese Buffet, Riverhead, NY – Yelp
- Crystal Garden, Ronkonkoma, NY – Yelp
- Good Taste Buffet, Commack, NY – Yelp
- Kumo Sushi and Steakhouse, Stony Brook, NY – Yelp
- Nikishi Hibachi and Sushi, Selden, NY – Yelp
- Hotoke Japanese Steakhouse, Smithtown, NY – Yelp
I like a nice steak but I will not be patronizing any of these establishments. Allegations of systematic and pervasive wage theft make me lose my appetite.